When I bought my Jeep, I was looking for something different, something rugged, something outdoorsy, something simple, but definitely not girlie-girl, nor mom-like -- more manly-man.
A friend of mine, also a Jeep Lover, sent me a link to a Craig's list ad for a Jeep. The ad noted as one of the manliest Craig's list ads.
However, I'm a little troubled, after reading the post. I realized a couple of things and I am re-thinking the manly-man Jeep idea.
--I'm afraid my Jeep could be considered a cookie cutter Jeep -- Ugh, now I need to make it unique.
--Also, mine is a metro feminine automatic-- Ugh, how do I turn that automatic into a manly man's automatic?
--One good thing: the top comes down, the windows zip off and the doors come off for natural AC unlike the metro feminine AC/heated seats in some Chevy Avalanches ;-)
--Another good thing: You can spill and get mud in my Jeep (just not on the seats)
--I will admit I do have a Jeep sticker but it's not a "Jeep Thing" sticker.
--Chrome bumpers -- Nope -- All-American Rugged Steel covered in plastic.
--And it's definitely pumping lots of raw fuel not through a six nuclear plant but a four -- pretty close.
Then I read further hmmm! Do I really want a manly man's Jeep with what could possibly happen when I do get it turned into a manly man's Jeep?
- Chest hair & beard -- nope don't think so...
- Catching more fish, having more tools or a bigger TV -- don't care for those.
- I all ready eat mostly meat with some added some fruits & vegi's and a glass of wine once in a while.
- My "wife" stocks wine instead of beer, and takes out the garbage all ready.
- All ready have all male offspring.
- However... I'm the one who bitches about clothes on the floor (maybe that would stop).
- Kegs, bar fights and Gentleman's clubs -- been there, done that...
So, do I want to have a manly man's Jeep with all the expected changes that could happen? I think maybe I'll stick with the Manly Girl's Jeep...I'll keep away all the pink and pastel accessories, leave it muddy, maybe add a winch so I can help out my neighbors this winter. However, I would love to win the lottery, and have my flesh turn to steel or at least my muscles.
Back on the Road for my Next Adventure! Happy Trails!