I want to have a greater appreciation of life.
I want to enjoy the natural world around us.
I want to savor my time with my family.
I want to enjoy the every day simple things we do.
With the advancement of technology, we are used to getting things quicker and faster right at our fingertips. But the irony of modern technology saving us time, is we are actually losing time. We fill up that saved time with more projects and activities. We have to have it all, and do it all. Time is passing us by too quickly. Are we really enjoying life -- Or are we in this never-ending loop of hectic activities?
Here are some tips to get out of that fast-paced, frenzied fever we call life. I have scoured the internet to find what others are doing to slow -- down -- the -- pace. I have compacted the ideas into short simple phrases to allow you more time to Enjoy Your Life.
Slow -- Down -- the -- Pace -- Tips
- Do Less & Focus on the Important - pick what's really important and needs to get done and let go of the rest.
- Prioritize Tasks - pick 2 or 3 things you want to do that day & do them 1st.
- Plan your day
- Learn to say NO!
- Do it right the first time
- Get ready the night before
- Reduce distractions & stay focused
- Filter your email
- Do your errands at the same time
- Reduce your TV time
- Automate bill payments
- Sort your mail in hand
- Remove the clutter
- Create a family calendar
- Plan meals weekly
- Grocery shop once a week
- Wash dishes while you cook
- Combine activities
- Shop online
Enjoy Your Life Tips
- Live in the Moment - Be aware of what you are doing and don't let your mind drift about what you need to do next or later.
- Do Less
- Disconnect from technology when possible
- Focus on the people you are with
- Appreciate nature
- Eat slower and savor the flavors and textures
- Drive slower
- Find pleasure in anything
- Eat a healthy diet
Make the year 2014 your year! That's what I'm going to do, slowing down to smell the flowers and savor every moment I am on this great, big, beautiful earth. Along the way I hope to cultivate new friendships, explore new places and enjoy life's adventures!
Jeep -- It's not Just an Adventure! It's a Good Life.
Post a Comment