started trying different diets. My goal was to lose 20 pounds. No matter what I tried, I just couldn't get the weight off. It wasn't until I came across Suzanne Somers website where it all started to make sense.
So I bought her book Sexy Forever and the pounds just melted off.
I made my goal of 20 pounds. After three months on the diet -- I stopped, but I did change my eating habits somewhat. The changes weren't enough to keep off the lost weight. I ended up gaining half of it back. So about six months ago I started exercising -- Lifting weights at the gym -- running -- toning exercises at home. Four months and not one pound lost. I was frustrated to say the least. So, I broke out the book again, and started the Sexy Forever diet. The weight started coming off.
Being a woman over 40 I know how hard it is to maintain that shape we had in our 20's. Our bodies are tired, are livers are tired. They just can't keep up with all the toxins we keep putting into our bodies. So our livers take those toxins and add them to fat cells. Then they slap those fat cells to our middles. When your liver doesn't work well your middle keeps growing.
Did you know 15 million Americans (adults and children) have Fatty Liver disease and most have no idea. Obesity is a huge problem in America. We can easily solve that problem by eating healthier and reduce the toxins we put in our bodies.
I can't keep eating like I used too. So I need to make some lifestyle changes. I will definitely miss those big plates of fettuccini alfredo with a white Italian loaf or that chocolate lava ice cream sundae. I will just need to limit those treats to once a year. Here are some of my tips to be a healthier person with a more productive liver.
1. Eat Organic as much as you can - especially raw fruits, vegis, nuts & seeds. This will lower the amount of toxins into your body.
2. Bath Organic putting all these chemicals on your skin also adds more toxins for your liver to process. Your skin absorbs these chemicals into your body.
3. Add Beans to your diet -- they contain an amino acid that neutralizes toxins that cause stress on your liver.
4. Anise Seeds in foods may stimulate the regeneration of healthy liver cells which flush out the fats.
5. Turmeric contains a chemical that may help protect the liver against damage caused by accumulated fats.
6. Eat Lean Proteins
7. Exercise - not your typical exercises like the stationary bike or treadmill or crunches or sit ups. Experts say these do you no good. There are specific exercises out there just for women over 40 -- lunges - squats - mountain climbers and more.
8. Water - drink with a lemon and at least 8 glasses - 64 ounces a day.
9. Watch what you put in your body - Limit alcohol, processed foods & carbs -- especially refined quick burning carbs like white flour & sugar.
10. Read the book Sexy Forever -- It worked and is working for me. There are lots of tips like when to eat what foods. A certain combination of foods work better.
- Simple Living! - Enjoying Life! - The Jeep Life! -